Mrs. Madhuri Sahasrabudhe
Bal-ranjan is equivalent to my third child. I have enjoyed all the different stages of its evolution. I have been working on this project for the last 28 years. Thousands of children have spent all their evenings on the play-ground instead of just being glued to the TV. Some children emerged as good sportsmen while others discovered the hidden artists in themselves. To see children blooming into multi-talented / faceted adults is bliss.
Playing is not just a fun-activity. I used it as a tool for child-development.
I discovered the numerous ways in which this tool could be used.
1) B.A.(Honors) – Psychology. Ranked 1st in Modern College, Pune University.
2) Master of Social Work (Medical and Psychiatric social work). Ranked 2nd and bagged two awards.
3) Diploma in communication media for children. Ranked 1st in S.N.D.T university, Mumbai.
4) Certificate in journalism (Yashwantrao Chavan Open University) with Outstanding grade.
5) Film Appreciation course
6) Agharkar Institute’s Gardening course
7) Pursuing course in Right To Information at YASHADA Institute, Pune.
- Founder & Director of Bharati Niwas society’s ‘Balranjan Kendra’ for the past 28 years
‘Balaranjan kendra’,which currently caters to 350 children between the age group of 3 to 14 years, is a center for their all-round development
- More than 150 workshops conducted
- Sports activities for parents
- Have been conducting ‘Parent Awareness’ programs for the past 20 years
- Theatre workshops since 1992
- Competitive training in basketball , skating and drama
- Several articles written, conducted lectures ,radio & TV programs for children and parents
Till date, more than 5000 children have benefited from these activities.
- Written and published a book titled “Balranjan- Anandadayee Shodh Yatra” on the experiences in the 25 year journey as the Founder-Director of Balranjan Kendra.
- Partner – ‘SAKAS FOODS’ (Manufacturer, Distributor, Retailer in flours, spices, condiments, namkeen & sweets)
- Proprioter – Sahasrabudhe Flour & Masala Mills (Grinding services across pune)
- Corporator, Pune Municipal Corporation (P.M.C). Elected in 2012 for the period of 5 years. Ward -36 B, Deccan Gymkhana, Pune 411004Duties:-
- To supervise and improve the amenities provided by P.M.C like drinking water, solid waste, drainage, street lights, gardens etc.
- To raise the voice of citizens in local self-government regarding various issues.
a) Member of Sports committee (P.M.C). Promoting sports activities in Pune city and ‘Surya-Namaskar’ as a special activity in all municipal schools
b) Member of Name committee (P.M.C)
- Honorary speaker at ‘Vasant Vyakhyanmala’ in 2005 (Enrichment through experiences amongst children)
- Written, directed and produced 2 films for ‘Countrywide classroom’ at EMRC, Pune
- Worked as a child counselor at M.C schools on behalf of Parents Teachers Association, Pune
- Started M.T school bus service on a no profit no loss basis as a social responsibility
- Social worker at ‘Boys Remand Home’ , Pune
- Founder member of ‘Samvad’ puppet group. Staged more than 500 puppet shows on topics like environment , value education etc.
- Worked as a resource person for ‘Newspaper In Education’ (Sakal) and ‘Sakhi Manch’ (Lokmat)
- Member of advisory board of ‘Nirmal Ranwara’ ,a children’s magazine
- Associated with institutions like ‘University Women’s Association’, ‘Vidyarthi Sahayak Samithi’, ‘Vanchit Vikas’, ‘Shishu – Aadhar’,‘Karve Institure of Social Service’, ‘Dnyanada Pratishthan’ and ‘Balak Vikas Samuha’
- Papers written on subjects like ‘Prostitution’, ’Eye Donation’ and ‘Female Psychiatric patients’
- Elected Inter-Collegiate Sports Reresentative by highest margin of votes and represented in basketball, kabaddi and lawn tennis during college days
- ‘Neer Naari Award 2011’-Women struggling for water problem in Pune – Jalbiradari, Pune,
- ‘Nirmal Ranwara Krutadnyata Award 2009’
- ‘Muktai Gaurav State Award 2007’ -Aatmonnati and Vishwashanti Sadhak Kendra
- ‘Late Niranjana Desai Award 2004’ – Inner Wheel Club, Pune
- ‘Sarda Janahit Award 2002’ – Solapur
- ‘Late Vinayakrao Kulkarni Award 1999’ – Sane Guruji Kathamala
- ‘Balkalyan Award 1995’ – P.M.C
- ‘Outstanding Young Person Award 1994’ – Jaycees, Pune.